Michael O'Leary Award for Innovation
Michael O'Leary was the head of the Housing Company Ltd at Ta Trobe University, among other functions he carried out for this organisation. Michael was a supporter of the association and served on the Executive for several years. He supported and encouraged his staff in both joining the association and attending conferences.
Unfortunately Michael's time with us was tragically cut short and the Executive decided to award a perpetual trophy in his name. Michael was a thinker and was always looking for new and better ways of doing things, Hence a member who shows innovation within the student accommodation industry would be the recipient of this award. As with all awards it is not necessarily awarded each year.
- Must have introduced an innovation that has changed APSAA or the industry as a whole
- The innovation has had tangible benefits for residences that are measurable
- Must include letter of support from your institution
Questions to address as part of nomination - these need to be uploaded as separate documents, in word or pdf:
- Provide a current profile of yourself including current job role and scope of responsibilities including details of the role, any direct reports, your budget responsibilities if any, your organisational reporting line and KPI's. Maxiumum 400 words
- Provide details of the innovation or innovative approach that has changed APSAA or the industry. Maximum 400 words
- How well has the innovation been received - provide examples of adoption or take up of the innovation and its sustainability to date. Maximum 400 words
- Demonstrate how the innovation has had a positive impact beyond your own organisation. Maximum 400 words
- Did the innovation achieve its objectives and goals? How were these measured? Maximum 400 words
Submit your nomination by completing the form below: